Business Process Management solutions allow you to optimize and automate business processes in your organization, while at the same time making it easy and effortless to adapt said processes to changing needs as well as to monitor and control business activities.
Business process identification and evaluation
BPM solutions can:
- support you in identifying processes that are already in use in your organization
- enable you to create business process map and architecture that will show not only key processes in your organization, but also how they intertwine and interrelate
- allow you to mark the roles of all process participants as well as those of the beneficiaries of process results
- support you in identifying the goals of each process and link these directly to company business strategy and its strategic and operational objectives
The process map you create, as well as all related diagrams are stored in a central repository, which makes them easily accessible to all interested parties. Once identified, processes can be evaluated to determine which of them require optimization.
Business process optimization
BPM solutions make it possible for you to model business processes as well as to optimize them. The existing AS-IS processes are modeled as diagrams, which allows you to find bottlenecks and other areas in need of refinement. The system helps you then to analyze the existing process network and create an optimized target TO-BE model. This is aided by a toolset which includes modeling applications that support the BPMN 2.0 notation (and/or other notations, as needed).
Business process automation
BPM solutions allow you to deploy predefined processes and monitor how they are performed. The processes are executed in accordance with flow paths defined in diagrams. These consist of multiple activities (tasks), and each of these can be either an automatic or a manual task.
- automatic or system tasks include running various functions in CRM/ERP/REST/WebService etc. business applications as well as sending messages to other systems or e-mail
- manual tasks are those that are given to individuals or groups. The user or users who are given the task may be shown a specific form to enter data in, make decisions or verify information linked to a particular process
The logic of managing these processes as well as selecting and assigning individual tasks is realized via rules that verify metadata or attributes linked to each process instance (examining process context). These rules make relevant decisions; in particular, they decide which task should be executed next and who it should be assigned to.
Monitoring and control
Once a process is deployed, its owners or authorized users can monitor the state of every instance and task of this process at any time. All tasks and their progress are audited and all system activities are logged, together with relevant timestamps and the person responsible. You can also have reports generated to visualize process progression, both detailed and aggregated. Automatic activities like priority escalation when deadline is threatened or pre-set default reactions and notifications give you maximum control over, and automatic supervision of, each deployed process.
Archiving and document generation
During the execution of a process it is often necessary to work with or generate documents. BPM solutions allow you to create and edit various documents, as well as accessing and processing archived documents related to the given process or task. All documents created while working with the system can be stored in a central repository for easy and secure access.